The Department, under the Faculty of Engineering, Technology & Management, was established in 1992.
Head of the Department
Professor Utpal Biswas
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Management
University of Kalyani, Kalyani-741235, Nadia, West Bengal,India
Phone: +91-33-25809615 (Direct), +91-33-25828750/4378 Extn. 304/256/225
Degree and Course Offered
• Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Science & Engineering (C.S.E.) - The department offers Ph.D. in different areas of computer science and its applications. The department conducts Ph.D. entrance test two times in each year. The test consists of written test and interview.
• Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Computer Science & Engineering (C.S.E.) - This is a two-year AICTE approved (750-80-115/E(ET)/99) course spanned over four semesters, two semesters per year. The number of seats for the course is 18. The students are admitted through GATE score, written test and interview. The tuition fees are Rs. 12,000/- (GATE), Rs. 20,000 (Non-GATE), Rs. 25,000/- (Sponsored), and Rs. 60,000/- (NRI and foreign nationals) per semester.
• Master of Computer Application (M.C.A.) - This is a three-year AICTE approved (WB-005/ET-MCA/2001) course spanned over six semesters, two semesters per year. The number of seats for the course is 30. The students are admitted through state level examination (JECA) conducted by Joint Entrance Board, West Bengal. The tuition fee is Rs. 10,000/- per semester.
Intake Capacity :
- Master of Technology (Computer Science and Engineering). : 18 students.
- Master of Computer Application : 30 students.
- M.Tech. : Test and Interview conducted by Kalyani University.
- M.C.A : Through State Level Examination (JECA) conducted by Joint Entrance Board, West Bengal.
Research Interests of the Department
- Total Number of Scholarships Available (URS) : 07
Placement Facility : Through Training and Placement Cell, and Consultancy.
National Level - Indian Statistical Institute, Jadavpur University, University of Calcutta, University of Burdwan, Visva-bharati University, IIT Kanpur, ICGEB New Delhi, SASTRA University.
International Level - University of Heidelberg (Germany), Max Planck Institute for Informatics (Germany), German Cancer Research Center (Germany), University of Goettingen (Germany), University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis (France), University of Cambridge (UK), University of Derby (UK), Tribhuban University (Nepal), Purbanchal University (Nepal)
Mandatory Disclosure by Institutions running AICTE approved M.Tech. programmes to be included in their respective Information Click here
Mandatory Disclosure by Institutions running AICTE approved M.C.A. programmes to be included in their respective Information Click here