Dr. Maharaj Biswas
Phone Number: 8100635938
Institutional E-Mail: email@example.com
Web URL: NA
M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.Collaborative Programs
Dr. Jayanta Kumar Das, Assistant Professor of Biology, Florida Memorial University, USA.Research Area:
Diabetes, Endocrine Hypertension and cardiovascular diseases, Obesity and Metabolic disorders, Male Infertility and Reproductive biology, Phytochemicals and Ethnomedicine.Teaching Experience:
Total 19 years (Serving University of Kalyani since 2018)List of Publications(Peer-Reviewed)
1. Mistry J., Biswas M., Sarkar S. et al. Antidiabetic activity of mango peel extract and mangiferin in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Futur J Pharm Sci. 2023; 9(22):1-13.
2. Ghosh S, Biswas M, Sarkar S, Mistry J. Antidiabetic and antihypertensive properties of naringin: A review. Intern Zool J Invest. 2023; 9(1): 171-177.
3. Mistry J, Biswas M. Mangiferin from mangifera indica linn.: a pharmacological study. J Adv Sci Res. 2020; 11(5): 01-05.
4. Biswas M, Manna CK. Diabetes mellitus and hypertension: a prospective community-based study. Eur J Pharmaceut Medical Res. 2016; 3(7): 170-174.
5. Biswas M, Manna CK. Obesity: a major contributor to the development of hypertension. Intern J Curr Res 2016; 8 (6): 33182-33184
6. Biswas M, Manna CK. Hypertension in relation to Age and Sex in an Indian community. International J Adv Life Sci (IJALS) 2015; 8(4): 372-376.
7. Biswas M, Manna CK. Anthropometric Factors and Hypertension in an Indian Community. International Journal of Novel Research in Life Sciences 2015; 2(5): 5-10.
8. Biswas M, Manna CK. Biochemical parameters-wise hypertension in an Indian community. Asian Pac. J. Health Sci., 2015; 2(3):86-93
9. Biswas M, Manna CK. Management of familial combined hyperlipidemia using both guggul and atrovastatin drugs: cardiovascular benefits to human society. International Journal of Novel Research in Life Sciences 2015; 2(5): 18-23.
10. Biswas M, Manna CK. Development of hypertension due to inability of kidney to excrete excess sodium ions (Na+) and water in salt-sensitive people: a population based study. Asian Pac. J. Health Sci., 2015; 2(4): 143-148
11. Das. J, Biswas. M, et al . 3D spheroid: A rapid drug screening model for epigenetic clinical targets against heterogenic cancer stem cells [abstract]. In: Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2021; 2021 Apr 10-15 and May 17-21. Philadelphia (PA): AACR; Cancer Res 2021;81(13_Suppl):Abstract nr 2104.
12. Bhattacharjee B, Chakrovorty A, Biswas M, Samadder A, Nandi S. To explore the putative molecular targets of Diabetic Nephropathy and their inhibition utilizing potential phytocompounds. Curr Med Chem. 2023; 30.
13. Samadder A, Dey S , Sow P , Das R , Nandi S , Das J, Bhattacharjee B, Chakrovorty A , Biswas M and Guptaroy P. Phyto-chlorophyllin Prevents Food Additive Induced Genotoxicity and Mitochondrial Dysfunction via Cytochrome c Mediated Pathway in Mice Model. Comb. Chem High Throughput Screen. 2021; 24(10) .
14. Biswas, M., Manna, C.K. Prevalence of Hypertension and Sociodemographic Factors within the Scheduled Caste Community of the District Nadia, West Bengal, India. High Blood Press Cardiovasc Prev. 2011; 18, 179–185.
15. Sow P, Das R, Dey S, Dey R, Biswas M, Nandi S, Tarafdar D, Samadder A, Khuda-Bukhsh AR. Natural curcumin prevents cypermethrin induced toxicity infish via p53 protein modulation. . Global Trends Pharm Sci. 2021; 12 (4): 9855 – 9872.
Four research scholars are currently working under my supervision.