The University of Kalyani, since its inception in 1960, has persistently advocated for the advancement of social justice, welfare, and sustainable, equitable, and participatory development.
According to the 1988 guidelines by the UGC, the SC/ ST Cell of the University is established to take care of the welfare of the SC/ST students and staff members of the university.
- To implement the reservation policy for SCs/STs in the Universities and Colleges.
- To collect data regarding the implementation of the policies in respect of admissions, appointments to teaching and non-teaching positions in the universities, and in the affiliating colleges and analyze the data showing the trends and changes towards fulfilling the required quota.
- To take such follow-up measures for achieving the objectives and targets laid down for the purpose by the Government of India and the UGC.
- To implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the reservation policy in universities and colleges and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation of the policy and program of the Government of India.
Dr. Dipa Roy
On behalf of the Cell, the Liaison Officer promotes the general well-being of the members of these communities who are students, staff, and professors.
- To circulate the Government of India and Commission’s decisions and to collect regularly, on an annual basis, information regarding course-wise admissions to candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in the Universities and Colleges for different courses, in forms prescribed, by a stipulated date, and to take follow up action, where required.
- To circulate Government of India orders and Commission’s decisions and to collect information in respect of appointment, and training of these communities in teaching and non-teaching posts in the Universities and Colleges, in suitable forms by a stipulated date and take follow-up action where required.
- To collect reports and information regarding the Government of India orders on the various aspects of education, training, and employment of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates, for evolving new policies or modifying existing policies by the Commission.
- To analyze the information collected above and prepare reports and digests for onward transmission to the Ministry of Human Resource Development/University Grants Commission and such other authorities as may be required.
- To deal with representations received from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates regarding their admission, recruitment, promotion, and other similar matters in Universities/Colleges.
- To monitor the working of the remedial coaching scheme, if approved in the affiliated colleges and the University.
- To function as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the Grievances of SC/ST students and employees of the university and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- To maintain a register for employment of SCs/STs in the University and Colleges for the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities for various posts in the university/colleges.
- Any other work assigned from time to time to promote higher education among these two communities suffering economic, social and education deprivations.
- The SC/ST Cell exclusively looks after the work related to SC/STs matters and no other work is assigned to the Cell. 11. If the required data is not submitted by the given date, UGC reserves the right to withhold either plan or non-plan grant until the required information/data is received. Hence, the universities/colleges are advised to supply the necessary information as required.
- Post-admission orientation is offered to the students enrolled in the various programs. The curriculum of the courses, the completely new multilingual and multicultural atmosphere that students will experience on campus, and the different amenities that are accessible to them are the key points of attention.
- The cell arranges remedial classes for the students according to their needs. It also arranges workshops/ orientation programs for using the library, skill development, personality development, different scholarship, public speaking, etc.
- The Liaison Officer of the Cell helps SC/ST/OBC students with any complaints they may have, involving academic, administrative, or social issues. The liaison officer will meet with the concerned students, ascertain their issues, and then take the required steps or provide them with the appropriate guidance/assistance to deal with the situation.
The scholarship is a blessing for students from the less privileged groups of society, particularly SC/ST students, who for various reasons are unable to continue their studies. It serves as motivation for students who have talent but lack the resources to pursue further education.
Merit-based, need-based, student-specific, and career-specific scholarships are all available.
Different Scholarship Schemes provided by the UGC and the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India along with their respective website links are tabulated below.
|Scholarship/Fellowship Name||Website Link|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidate||https://www.ugc.gov.in/ugc_schemes|
|Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl
|Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder||https://www.ugc.gov.in/ugc_schemes|
|Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates||http://www.ugc.ac.in/ugc_schemes|
|Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for
|Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates||http://www.ugc.ac.in/ugc_schemes|
|Central Scheme Of Scholarship For College And University Students||https://www.education.gov.in/national_scholarships|
|Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class
Education for SC Students (Circular of Top Class
Education for SC Students
|Self-Employment Scheme for Rehabilitation of Manual Scavengers||http://socialjustice.nic.in/schemespro1.php|
|National Overseas Scholarships for SC and ST Candidates.||http://socialjustice.nic.in/schemespro1.php|
For any grievances or to provide any feedback please mail us to,
Kindly provide necessary details such as Name, Roll No / ID. No, Designation, Department, Name & Address, Contact no, Mail id along with necessary proofs and G.O’s if available.