Dr. Manindra Nath Bera
Phone Number: 9163829881
Institutional E-Mail: email@example.com
Web URL: www.klyuniv.ac.in
B. Sc (Hons) – Ashutosh College, University of Calcutta, Calcutta, 1998
M. Sc – University of Calcutta, Calcutta, 2000
Ph. D – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Kharagpur, 2006
● Postdoctoral Research Associate (2005 – 2006) – Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Indiana, USA
● Postdoctoral Research Associate (2006 – 2008) – Department of Chemistry, University of Texas at San Antonio, Texas, USA
● Lecturer (2008 – 2009) – Department of Chemistry, Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS)-Pilani, Hyderabad Campus, Hyderabad, AP, INDIA
● Assistant Professor (2009 – 2021)– Department of Chemistry, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal, INDIA
● Associate Professor (2021 – Present) – Department of Chemistry, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal, INDIA
● Recipient of National Scholarship, 1995
● Recipient of Junior Research Fellowship and Senior Research Fellowship, CSIR, New Delhi, INDIA
1. Prof. Ghezai T. Musie, Department of Chemistry, UT-San Antonio, Texas, UNITED STATES
2. Prof. Mario Ruben, Institute of Nanotechnology, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), GERMANY
3. Prof. Swadhin K Mandal, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER, Kolkata, INDIA
4. Prof. J. N. Behera, School of Chemical Sciences, NISER, Bhubaneswar, INDIA
5. Dr. Luca Carrella, Institut fur Anorganische Chemie und Analytische Chemie, Universität Mainz, GERMANY
6. Dr. Asmita Samadder, Department of Zoology, University of Kalyani, West Bengal, INDIA
● Sugar-Metal Ion Interactions in Aqueous Medium: Analytical and Biological Aspects
● Dimetallic Systems of 3d Transition Elements: Mimicking Metallohydrolase Enzymes
● Metal Clusters: Property Evaluation and Reactivity
● Bio-catalysis: Investigating Aldose-Ketose Isomerization Reactions
● Transition Metal Complex Catalyzed Organic Transformations
Number of Years of Teaching Experience: 15 Years (2008 – Present)
Primary Teaching Area: Analytical Chemistry
Courses Currently Teaching: Bio-analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Analysis, Forensic Analysis, Enzyme Catalysis, Toxicological Chemistry, Spectroscopic Analysis, Kinetic Methods of Analysis, Thermal Methods of Analysis
● Section-In-Charge of Analytical Chemistry Section
● In-Charge of Departmental UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
● Member of the Ongoing DST-FIST Program, Department of Chemistry, KU
List of Selected Publications:
● Cu(II), Mn(II) and Zn(II) complexes of anthracene-affixed carboxylate-rich tridentate ligand: synthesis, structure, spectroscopic investigation and their DNA binding profile. A. Majumder, S. Haldar, N. Dutta, A. Das, M. Bera*, ChemistrySelect, 2022, 7, e202104319.
● A family of [Zn6] complexes from the carboxylate-bridge supported assembly of [Zn2] building units: synthetic, structural, spectroscopic, and systematic biological studies. A. Majumder, N. Dutta, S. Dey, P. Sow, A. Samadder, G. Vijaykumar, K. Rangan, M. Bera*, Inorganic Chemistry, 2021, 60, 17608-17626.
● Exploring new water soluble bridged dicopper(II) assemblies: Synthesis, structure, spectroscopic characterization, properties, and their interactions with D-glucosamine. A. Majumder, N. Dutta, A. Das, L. Carrella, M. Bera*, Polyhedron, 2021, 208, 115417.
● Synthesis, structure and properties of a novel self-assembled tetranuclear copper(II) complex derived from carboxylate-based multidentate ligand. N. Dutta, S. Haldar, A. Majumder, G. Vijaykumar, L. Carrella, M. Bera*, Inorganic Chemistry Communications, 2020, 121, 108208.
● Aromatic dicarboxylate incorporated new di- and tetranuclear cobalt(II) complexes: Synthetic and structural aspects, and evaluation of properties and catalytic activity. A. Majumder, N. Dutta, S. Haldar, A. Das, L. Carrella, M. Bera*, Inorganica Chimica Acta, 2020, 510, 119752.
● Synthetic, structural, spectral and DNA binding aspects of copper(II), nickel(II) and zinc(II) dimers of new carboxylate-based tripodal ligand. N. Dutta, A. Majumder, A. Das, A. Chatterjee, M. Tarafder, B. Datta, M. Bera*, Journal of Molecular Structure, 2020, 1206, 127708.
● Synthesis, structure and properties of new heterometallic octanuclear Li2Na2Cu4 and decanuclear Li2Zn8 complexes. S. Haldar, N. Dutta, G. Vijaykumar, A. Das, L. Carrella, A. Oliver, M. Bera*, Polyhedron, 2019, 172, 58-66.
● Carboxylate bridge controlled formation of tetra- and pentanuclear nickel(II) complexes: synthesis, crystal structure, spectroscopy and magnetic properties. N. Dutta, G. C. Giri, S. Haldar, G. Vijaykumar, C. D. Stewart, L. Carrella, G. T. Musie, M. Bera*, ChemistrySelect, 2019, 4, 10260-10269.
● Phosphatase-like activity of tetranuclear iron(III) and zinc(II) complexes. N. Dutta, S. Haldar, G. Vijaykumar, S. Paul, A. P. Chattopadhyay, L. Carrella, M. Bera*, Inorganic Chemistry, 2018, 57, 10802-10820.
● Structure and properties of a novel staircase-like decanuclear [CuII10] cluster supported by carbonate and carboxylate bridges. S. Haldar, G. Vijaykumar, L. Carrella, G. T. Musie, M. Bera*, New Journal of Chemistry, 2018, 42, 1276-1286.
● Inorganic phosphate and arsenate within new tetranuclear copper and zinc complexes: syntheses, crystal structures, magnetic, electrochemical and thermal studies. S. Haldar, G. Vijaykumar, L. Carrella, S. Batha, G. T. Musie, M. Bera*, ACS Omega, 2017, 2, 1535-1549.
● Investigating the coordination-cum-binding events of biologically relevant monosaccharides with new mononuclear iron(III) and zinc(II) complexes in aqueous solution. G. C. Giri, S. Haldar, G. Vijaykumar, M. Bera*, ChemistrySelect, 2017, 2, 2847-2857.
● New cyclic tetranuclear copper(II) complexes containing quadrilateral cores: synthesis, structure, spectroscopy and their interactions with DNA in aqueous solution. G. C. Giri, S. Haldar, A. K. Ghosh, P. Chowdhury, L. Carrella, U. Ghosh, M. Bera*, Journal of Molecular Structure, 2017, 1142, 175-184.
● Linking of PO43- and HAsO42- anions with a dinuclear [ZnII2] complex: formation and stabilization of novel decanuclear metallomacrocyclic [ZnII10] and tetranuclear [ZnII4] clusters. S. Haldar, G. Vijaykumar, A. K. Ghosh, L. Carrella, M. Bera*, Polyhedron, 2017, 121, 130-141.
● Dinuclear and tetranuclear complexes of copper coordinated by an anthracene-based new μ-bis(tridentate) ligand: Synthesis, structure, spectroscopy and magnetic properties. S. Haldar, A. Patra, G. Vijaykumar, L. Carrella, M. Bera*, Polyhedron, 2016, 117, 542-551.
● Hydrolytically active tetranuclear [NiII2]2 complexes: synthesis, structure, spectroscopy and phosphoester hydrolysis. G. C. Giri, A. Patra, G. Vijaykumar, L. Carrella, M. Bera*, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 99270-99283.
● Synthesis, structure, spectral characterization and DNA binding affinity of new water soluble trinuclear copper(II) complexes with partial cubane Cu3O4 cores. G. C. Giri, S. Haldar, L. Carrella, A. B. Panda, G. T. Musie, M. Bera*, Polyhedron, 2015, 99, 7-16.
● New symmetrical dinucleating ligand based assembly of bridged dicopper(II) and dizinc(II) centers: synthesis, structure, spectroscopy, magnetic properties and glycoside hydrolysis. A. Patra, S. Haldar, G. Vijaykumar, L. Carrella, A. K. Ghosh, M. Bera*, Inorganica Chimica Acta, 2015, 436, 195-204.
● Exploring the catalytic activity of new water soluble dinuclear copper(II) complexes towards the glycoside hydrolysis. S. Haldar, A. Patra, M. Bera*, RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 62851-62861.
● Water soluble heteronuclear [NaCuII6] metallomacrocyclic sandwich complexes: synthesis, structure, properties and in vitro biological studies. A. Patra, S. K. Saha, T. K. Sen, L. Carrella, G. T. Musie, A. R. Khuda-Bukhsh, M. Bera*, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2014, 5217-5232.
● Bis(µ-alkoxo) bridged dinuclear CuII2 and ZnII2 complexes of an isoindol functionality based new ligand: synthesis, structure, spectral characterization, magnetic properties, and catechol oxidase activity. A. Patra, G. C. Giri, T. K. Sen, L. Carrella, S. K. Mandal, M. Bera*, Polyhedron, 2014, 67, 495-504.
● Spectroscopic investigation of new water soluble MnII2 and MgII2 complexes for the substrate binding models of xylose/glucose isomerases. A. Patra, M. Bera*, Carbohydrate Research, 2014, 384, 87-98.
● Synthesis, structure, spectroscopic characterization and protein binding affinity of new water soluble hetero- and homometallic tetranuclear [CuII2ZnII2] and [CuII4] clusters. A. Patra, T. K. Sen, A. Ghorai, G. T Musie, S. K. Mandal, U. Ghosh, M. Bera*, Inorganic Chemistry, 2013, 52, 2880-2890.
● Diversity of carboxylate binding in a new tetranuclear zinc cluster: correlation between spectroscopic investigations and carboxylate binding modes. A. Patra, T. K. Sen, R. Bhattacharyya, S. K. Mandal, M. Bera*, RSC Advances, 2012, 2, 1774-1777.
● New dinuclear cobalt(II) and zinc(II) complexes of a carboxylate rich dinucleating ligand: synthesis, structure, spectroscopic characterization and their interactions with sugars. M. Bera, A. B. S. Curtiss, G. T. Musie*, D. R. Powell, Inorganic Chemistry, 2012, 51, 12093-12101.
● Study of potential binding of biologically important sugars with a dinuclear cobalt(II) complex. M. Bera*, A. Patra, Carbohydrate Research, 2011, 346, 733-738.
● Synthesis and characterizations of new mono- and heptazinc complexes with unusual amide coordination modes. M. Bera, G. T. Musie*, D. R. Powell, Inorganic Chemistry, 2009, 48, 4625-4627.
● Synthesis and characterization of a new mono- and hexanuclear μ6-sulphato zinc(II) complexes of a symmetric dinucleating ligand. A. B. S. Curtiss, M. Bera, D. R. Powell, G. T. Musie*, Dalton Transactions, 2008, 2717-2724.
● Zinc(II) mediated cyclization and complexation of an unsymmetrical dicarboxyamine ligand: Synthesis, spectral and crystal structures characterizations. M. Bera, G. T. Musie*, D. R. Powell, Inorganic Chemistry Communications, 2008, 11, 293-299.
● Structure and properties of a new double-stranded tetranuclear [CuII2]2 helicate. M. Bera, G. Aromi, W. T. Wong, D. Ray*, Chemical Communications, 2006, 6, 671-673.
● Atmospheric CO2 fixation leads to a unique η2:HCO3 bridged [CuII2] complex and coordination induced ligand hydrolysis to a [CuII1] complex. P. K. Nanda, M. Bera, G. Aromi, D. Ray*, Polyhedron, 2006, 25, 2791-2799.
● Iron(III) induced 2-phenyl imidazolidine ring hydrolysis of a new binucleating schiff base ligand. X-ray structure of the mononuclear FeIII(NNO)2 end product. M. Bera, U. Mukhopadhyay, D. Ray*, Inorganica Chimica Acta, 2005, 358, 437-443.
● mu-eta1:eta1-N, N-imidazolidine bridged new dicopper(II/II) complexes of a dinucleating mu-bis(tetradentate) Schiff base ligand: synthesis, structural characterization, 1H NMR spectroscopy and magnetic coupling. M. Bera, W. T. Wong, G. Aromi, D. Ray*, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2005, 12, 2526-2535.
● A novel mu4-oxo bridged copper tetrahedron derived by self-assembly: First example of double helical bis(tridentate) coordination of a hexadentate amine phenol ligand. M. Bera, W. T. Wong, G. Aromi, J. Ribas, D. Ray*, Inorganic Chemistry, 2004, 43, 4787-4789.
Selected Invited Lectures:
● Delivered an Invited Lecture in the 58th Annual Convention of Chemists, 2021 & International Conference on “Recent Trends in Chemical Sciences (RTCS-2021)” organized by the Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata during December 21-24, 2021.
● Delivered an Invited Lecture in the International Webinar on “Recent Trends in Chemistry & Chemical Biology” organized by the Department of Chemistry & IQAC of Vijaygarh Jyotish Ray College, Kolkata on September, 12, 2021.
|Sl. No||Grant Agency||Title of The Project||Duration / Tenure||Total Cost of The Project|
Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi, INDIA
"A Rational Approach towards the Substrate Binding...................in Mimicking Xylose/Glucose Isomerase (XGI)"
Rs. 19.93 Lakh
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, INDIA
"New Dinuclear 3d Transition Metal Complexes of Carboxylate Rich Ligands....................the Glycoside Hydrolysis and Aldose-Ketose Interconversion Reactions"
Rs. 15.76 Lakh
Department of Science, Technology & Biotechnology (DSTBT), West Bengal, INDIA
"Transition Metal-Based New Dinuclear Complexes..................Mechanistic Aspects"
Rs. 4.80 Lakh
● Life Member of Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata, INDIA
● Life Member of Chemical Research Society of India, Bangalore, INDIA
● Supervision of Ph. D Students
1. Dr. Ayan Patra (Ph. D Awarded in 2015)
2. Dr. Gopal Chandra Giri (Ph. D Awarded in 2017)
3. Dr. Shobhraj Haldar (Ph. D Awarded in 2019)
4. Dr. Nityananda Dutta (Ph. D Awarded in 2022)
5. Mr. Avishek Majumder (Working as Senior Research Scholar with UGC Fellowship)
6. Mr. Sujan Sk (Working as Junior Research Scholar with UGC-Maulana Azad National Fellowship)
● Research Citations
Total Publications: 51
Total Citations: 641
● Reviewer of National and International Journals
1. Inorganic Chemistry
2. Dalton Transactions
3. New Journal of Chemistry
4. Crystal Engineering & Communications
5. Carbohydrate Research
6. Journal of Molecular Structure
7. Inorganica Chimica Acta
8. Inorganic Chemistry Communications
9. Journal of Indian Chemical Society
10. Inorganic Chemistry Frontiers
11. Journal of Catalysis