Phone Number: 9434666930
Institutional E-Mail: email@example.com
Web URL: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sudipta-Roy-5
M.Sc.(Botany), M.Tech., Ph.D.Awards and Honours (National/International)
1. Research Associate at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore (India). (September 1995 to September 1997)
2. Research Associate at University of Missouri, USA. (2002 to 2004)
3. “Contribution in Maintenance of Academic and Administrative Cohesion” – award conferred by University of Kalyani, 2015.
Plant-derived compounds with biological significance, plant environment interaction.Teaching Experience:
24 yearsAdministrative Experiences
1. Head of the Department, Botany Department, Kalyani University (K.U.) and member of the Court, K.U. (For 2 terms: July 2013 – July 2015 and December 2017- November 2019)
2. Chairperson, P.G. & U.G. Board of Studies, Botany Department, K.U. (For 2 terms: July 2013 – July 2015 & December 2017- November 2019)
3. Chairperson, Departmental Research Committee, Botany Department, K.U. (For 2 terms: July 2013 – July 2015 & 2019 – 2021)
4. Chairperson, Board of Studies (Botany), Directorate of Open & Distant Learning (DODL), K.U. (2018 – 2021)
5. Coordinator, DST-FIST Program, Botany Department, K.U. (2017 – 2019).
1. Roy S, Das AB, Ghosh AN, Biswas T. Purification, pore-forming ability, and antigenic relatedness of the major outer membrane protein of Shigella dysenteriaetype 1.Infect. Immun. 1994;62(10):4333-4338.
2. Roy S, Das AB, Biswas T. Antigenicity and antigenic relatedness of the outer membrane proteins of Shigella species. Microbios. 1994;79(318): 55-64.
3. Biswas T, Roy S, and Banerjee KK. L-Rhamnose inhibits proliferation of murine splenocytes by the lipopolysaccharide and polysaccharide moiety of Shigella dysenteriaetype 1 lipopolysaccharide. Immunology. 1995; 84(2):322-325.
4. Roy S, Biswas T. Murine splenocyte proliferation by porin of Shigella dysenteriaetype 1 and inhibition of bacterial invation of HeLa cell by anti-porin antibody. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 1996; 141(1): 25-29.
5. Roy S, Purnapatre K, Handa P, Boyanapalli M, Varshney U. Use of a coupled transcriptional system for consistent overexpression and purification of UDG- Ugi complex and Ugi from Escherichia coli. Protein Expr. Purif. 1998;13(2):155-162.
6. Ravishankar R, Bidya Sagar M, Roy S, Purnapatre K, Handa P, Varshney U, and Vijayan M. X-ray analysis of a complex of Escherchia coli uracil DNA glycosylase (EcUDG) with a proteinaceous inhibitor. The structure elucidation of a prokaryotic UDG. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998; 26(21): 4880–4887.
7. Reddy GB, Purnapatre K, Lawrence R, Roy S, Varshney U, Surolia A. Linear free-energy model description of the conformational stability of uracil-DNA glycosylase inhibitor A thermodynamic characterization of interaction with denaturant and cold denaturation. Eur. J. Biochem. 1999; 261(3):610-617.
8. Handa P, Roy S, Varshney U. The Role of Leucine 191 of Escherichia coli Uracil DNA Glycosylase in the Formation of a Highly Stable Complex with the Substrate Mimic, Ugi, and in Uracil Excision from the Synthetic Substrates. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:17324-17331.
9. Acharya N, Roy S, Varshney U. Mutational analysis of the Uracil DNA gycosylase inhibitor protein and its interaction with Escherichia coli Uracil DNA glycosylase. J. Mol. Biol. 2002; 321(4): 579-590.
10. Saikrishnan K, Bidya Sagar M, Ravishankar R, Roy S, Purnapatre K, Handa P, Varshney U, Vijayan M. Domain closure and action of Uracil DNA Glycosylase (UDG). Structures of new crystal forms containing the Escherichia coli Enzyme and a comparative study of the known structures involving UDG.ActaCrystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2002; 58: 1269-1276.
11. Handa P, Acharya N, Talawar R K, Roy S, Varshney U. Contrasting effects of mutating active site residues, Aspartic acid 64 and Histidine 187 of Escherichia coli uracil-DNA glycosylase on uracil excision and interaction with an inhibitor protein. Ind. J. Biochem. Biophys. 2002;39: 312-317.
12. Roy S, Mondal T, Mukherjee SK. Diversity of cypselar characters in some members of the tribe Inuleae (Asteraceae).Int. J. Pharm. Research and Bio-Sci. 2013;2(2):82-98.
13. Das S, Roy S, Jana BK,Mukherjee SK. Diversity of cypselar features in some taxa of the tribe Anthemideae (Asteraceae).Int. J. Pharm. Research and Bio-Sci.2014;3(1):410-424.
14. Ojha S, Raj A, Roy A, Sikdar B, Roy S. Efficacy of aqueous and ethanolic extraction on phenolics and antioxidant activity of Paederia foetida L. and Spermacoce strictaL.f.J. Plant Develop. Sci. 2016; 8:131-135.
15. Roy A, Roy S. Allelopathic effects of Clerodendrum inerme Gaertn. and Clerodendrumviscosum Vent. on two crop plants Cicer arietinum L. and Lathyrus sativus L. Int. J. Res. Ayurveda Pharm. 2017; 8: 285-289.
16. Saha J, Gupta K, Gupta B, Giri K, Roy S. Molecular characterization of rice antioxidative isoenzymes and their tissue specific response to exogenous spermidine during salinity in two cultivars.Res. J. Life Sci. Bioinform. Pharm. Chem. Sci. 2017; 3 (4): 132-152.
17. Mandal A, Mandal J, Roy S, Chakraborti P. Developmental Archetype of Lentil (Lens culinarisMedik) Seed Considering A Few Seed Traits. Int. J. Pure App. Biosci. 2017;5 (6): 1153-1158.
18. Ojha S, Raj A, Roy A, Roy S. Extraction of Total Phenolics, Flavonoids and Tannins from Paederia foetida L. Leaves and their Relation with Antioxidant Activity. Pharmacog. J. 2018; 10(3): 541-547.
19. Roy A,Roy S. Assessment of Cytotoxic and Genotoxic Effects of Aqueous and Methanolic Leaf Extracts of Clerodendrum inerme (L.) Gaertn. and C. viscosum Vent. Using AlliumTest. Cytologia. 2019; 84(1): 73-76.
20. Saha J, Giri K, Roy S. Identification and characterization of differentially expressed genes in the rice root following exogenous application of spermidine during salt stress. Genomics. 2020; 112(2020): 4125-4136.
21. Raj A, Sikdar B, Roy A, Mukhopadhyay AK, Roy S. Antioxidant and Antibacterial Activities of Phytochemicals in Methanolic Extracts of Five Underutilized Leafy Vegetables. Res. J. Biotech.2021; 16(8); 1-10; https://doi.org/10.25303/168rjbt0121 .ORCID ID https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0368-9187
Google Scholar ID https://scholar.google.com/citations?view_op=search_authors&mauthors=Prof.+sudipta+roy,+university+of+Kalyani&hl=en&oi=ao
No. of Ph.D. students awarded : 4
No. of Ph.D. students registered : 4