- Open access stack room including reading area with all subject collection of books.
- Automated circulation facility.
- Access of e-resources, browsing of Internet, downloading and computer printout facility from the computer laboratory along with photocopying facility.
- Reference services with huge reference collection, reading of rare books.
- Access of theses of the University and current and old print journals from the periodical sections and bound Journal Section.
- Daily Newspapers service.
- Air conditioned open access reading room with carrier guidance book collection.
- Plagiarism checking of the theses contents, research articles or book chapters through OUriginal PDS software.
- Institutional Repository of theses of the University under the Shodhganga Project, INFLIBNET Centre, UGC and institutional repository of old University question papers using D-Space software (presently accessible only from the Central Library).
- Institutional membership with the other renowned libraries, associations, consortium & library network like British Council Library, Kolkata, American Library, Kolkata, Indian Library Association, New Delhi, Bengal Library Association, Kolkata etc..
- Air conditioned auditorium with 70 seating capacity for academic discussion, exhibition, seminars and other important activities.
- Reading facility for the external users.
- Resource Sharing/ Inter library loan service.
- Property counter.
- CCTV Surveillance.
- Wi-Fi Facility.
- Ramp and wheel chairs for differently abled person.
- Filtered drinking water.
Average no. of library users during the period – 5842
Average no. of library users during the period– 5842
Average footfall at the Central Library daily– 98-114
Circulation history : Average numbers of books issued and returned daily -125-142
Digitization and other Important Activities :
- To ensure the continuous cycle of digitization process in future, fully air-conditioned well designed and well equipped EDT lab has been created, with the assistance from the University and financial support from UGC. Institutional Repository has also been created with the DSpace software which covers presently the old question papers (PG level), Ph.D theses of our University.
- Presently more that 2500 numbers of Ph.D theses of University of Kalyani have already been uploaded on Sodhganga and efforts are being continued to complete the digitization of balance theses within a short period. The digitized data is available through link http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/.
- Plagiarism checking of the research contents like Ph.D theses, research articles, book contents etc. is being done through the Ouriginal (previously known as URKUND software) to maintain the academic integrity.
- With the aim to digitize the doctoral theses (Ph.D. theses on different subjects), of the University of Kalyani, MOU was signed between UGC-INFLIBNET Centre, Gandhinagar and University of Kalyani, Nadia on 24th March, 2015 under Sodhganga and Sodhgangotri Project. Financial assistance of an amount of Rs. 21,50,000 (Twenty one Lakh Fifty Thousand) has been granted by the UGC on 15th March 2017 out of which Rs.11,50,000 for Digitization of Theses and Rs.10,00,000 for setting up Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) Laboratory.
Human resources of the Central Library
- Professional (Officer) staff – 1
- Professional (Non-Officer) staff -1
- Non-professional staff – 8
- Contractual library assistant – 5
- Casual staff – 5
- Sweeper -2